PLIA’s operations continue under telework status. Please stay safe and healthy!
  • PLIA presented at the Mountlake Terrace City Council meeting on 7/15/2021. You can read about the meeting in this article by Mountlake Terrace news.
  • Update (7/20/2021): PLIA is still accepting applications for the Pilot Heating Oil Loan and Grant program!  The program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners and operators to cleanup contamination, upgrade heating systems and install new infrastructure.
  • Join the PLIA team! We are recruiting for a Communication Consultant 1 (closes 8/5/2021) and a Hydrogeologist 3. More information on the positions is available here.


"I need technical assistance for a petroleum cleanup."

PLIA’s Petroleum Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) provides informal site-specific technical consultations and issues written opinion letters to persons conducting independent remedial actions at qualifying petroleum cleanup sites.

Get Technical Assistance

"I need to show financial assurance for my USTs.”

Federal and state laws require that owners and operators of petroleum underground storage tanks have financial responsibility for the costs of environmental cleanup in case of a release or spill.

Learn About Financial Responsibility

"I need financial help for UST cleanup."

PLIA’s UST Loan & Grant Program provides financial help to UST owners for cleanups and upgrades. PLIA conducts workshops so that owners can learn about low interest loan and/or grant options related to USTs.

Get Financial Assistance

"I need insurance coverage for a heating oil tank."

PLIA’s Heating Oil Pollution Liability Insurance Program  provides pollution liability coverage to currently registered owners who heat their homes or businesses with heating oil. You must be registered with PLIA prior to the start of the release for the cleanup to be covered.

Register for  Insurance

"I need technical assistance for a heating oil cleanup."

PLIA’s Heating Oil Technical Assistance Program (HOTAP)  provides technical assistance to owners and operators of active or abandoned heating oil tanks who suspect contamination from a release. Help is provided for other technical issues as well.

Get Technical Assistance

"I need financial help for a heating oil cleanup."

PLIA’s Heating Oil Loan & Grant Program provides financial help to heating oil tank owners for cleanups and upgrades.

Open application for the Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program is currently pending legal review. Please check back for updates.

Get Financial Assistance
  • PLIA Programs

  • Forms & Documents

    You can complete many required actions and learn more about programs through our forms and documents:

  • Twitter Timeline

  • PLIA can not accept faxes at this time. Please email documents.