How to Make a Request
You can request public records by any of the following:
While we welcome verbal requests, we do prefer written requests and may ask you to submit your request in writing.
To ensure we can process your request promptly, please include the following information:
- Requestor Name
- Requestor Business Name, if applicable
- Email, phone number and address
- A detailed and specific description of the records you’re requesting
Please submit any requests for information only to email@example.com
How Long Will It Take?
Once we receive your request, we will determine the amount of time we need to search for and produce the records. We will acknowledge your request within 5 business days, by providing one of the following:
- The requested records.
- The date when we will provide the records, or installment of records.
- A request for clarification for any part of the request that is unclear.
If we deny your request, in whole or in part, we will provide in writing the specific law that exempts the record(s) from disclosure. Additionally, the agency isn’t required to collect information or organize data to create a record that doesn’t exist at the time of your request.
Please contact our Public Disclosure Officer if you do not hear from us within 5 business days of your request.
How Much Will It Cost?
Please see PLIA’s Public Records Fee Schedule to view costs associated with public records requests.