The application cycle for the Heating Oil Loan & Grant Program is open from November 10 – December 31, 2023.
A link to PLIA’s Online Community to access the application is available here: Heating Oil L&G Application
To access the application follow the instructions in this application help guide.
About the Program
The 2020 Washington State Legislature authorized PLIA to implement a Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program.
PLIA’s Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners to:
- Collect critical data about their site and clean up releases.
- Upgrade, replace or remove heating oil tank systems to prevent future releases.
- Install new infrastructure.
Accepted program participants will receive a grant of up to $7,000 to collect the data necessary to determine the level of cleanup required and the anticipated costs.
Our Heating Oil Loan and Grant Guidance provides additional program details. This Guidance will continue to evolve as we take into account input from the public and other stakeholders. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Submit a complete Heating Oil Loan and Grant application.
- Own the property where the heating oil tank is located or provide written consent from the property owner.