To our customers and partners.
The 2020 Legislature passed a bill that transitions PLIA’s Heating Oil Insurance Program to a Loan and Grant Program. Open application for the Loan and Grant Program is currently pending legal review.
PLIA’s Loan and Grant Program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners to:
- Pay for site assessment and cleanup of releases.
- Upgrade, replace or remove heating oil tank systems to prevent future releases.
- Install new infrastructure.
Accepted program participants will receive a grant up to $5,000 to determine the level of cleanup required and the anticipated costs.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Submit a complete Heating Oil Loan and Grant application.
- Own the property where the heating oil tank is located or provide written consent from the property owner to abide by program requirements.
7/20/20: The Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program application is pending legal review. Please check this page often for updates and announcements.
Effective July 2, 2020, existing heating oil registrations can be transitioned to a new owner if done within 180 days, but no new heating oil registrations will be accepted. Claims on existing insurance registrations in place before July 2, 2020, or on registrations that are transferred to a new owner will continue to be honored.