The 2020 Washington State Legislature authorized PLIA to implement the Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program. We are working through various external factors so that we may begin receiving applications. We will keep you informed with monthly updates of the latest program information.
Our Draft Heating Oil Loan and Program Guidance Document (Guidance) provides additional program details. This Guidance will continue to evolve as we take into account input from the public and other stakeholders. We are currently working with the Governor’s Office in reviewing the Guidance and will update the public on next steps.
In the meantime, we appreciate your interest and feedback. Please send comments to email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we go through the necessary review process prior to implementation. For additional inquiries, please contact our Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program Coordinator Kory Neidich.
PLIA’s Loan and Grant Program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners to:
- Collect critical data about their site and clean up releases.
- Upgrade, replace or remove heating oil tank systems to prevent future releases.
- Install new infrastructure.
Accepted program participants will receive a grant of up to $5,000 to collect the data necessary to determine the level of cleanup required and the anticipated costs.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Submit a complete Heating Oil Loan and Grant application.
- Own the property where the heating oil tank is located or provide written consent from the property owner.