The Pilot Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program application cycle is closed. A new application cycle will open in fall 2022.
About the Program
The 2020 Washington State Legislature authorized PLIA to implement a Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program.
PLIA’s Pilot Heating Oil Loan and Grant Program provides up to $75,000 for heating oil tank owners to:
- Collect critical data about their site and clean up releases.
- Upgrade, replace or remove heating oil tank systems to prevent future releases.
- Install new infrastructure.
Accepted program participants will receive a grant of up to $5,000 to collect the data necessary to determine the level of cleanup required and the anticipated costs.
Our Pilot Heating Oil Loan and Grant Guidance provides additional program details. This Guidance will continue to evolve as we take into account input from the public and other stakeholders. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Submit a complete Heating Oil Loan and Grant application.
- Own the property where the heating oil tank is located or provide written consent from the property owner.