“I need advice and technical assistance for a petroleum contaminated site.”
The Petroleum Technical Assistance Program (PTAP) expands the state’s ability to respond to the high customer demand to clean up petroleum contaminated sites. Under the PTAP, the Pollution Liability Insurance Agency (PLIA) may provide informal site-specific technical consultations and issue written opinion letters to persons conducting independent remedial actions at qualifying petroleum cleanup sites. PLIA may provide these services under the authority of RCW 70.149.040(9) and the Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), Chapter 70.105D RCW and Chapter 173-340 WAC.
The program is available for customers who conduct cleanups of qualifying petroleum contaminated sites and wish to receive an opinion letter from the state. The types of opinions provided include:
- No Further Action (NFA) on the Site/Property.
- Further Action (FA) on the Site/Property.
- Partial Sufficiency (PS) of the cleanup.
Learn more about the PTAP
PTAP One Pager – Information about the program.
PLIA UST Programs – Diagram of PLIA’s UST programs.
PTAP Definitions – Definitions of terms used in PTAP.
PTAP Guidance – Interpretive guidance for PTAP.
Legislation – Legislative documents.
Current PTAP Projects
Submitted an application, but:
- Didn’t schedule your intake meeting? Schedule your intake meeting now.
- Forgot to upload your files? Upload your files now.
- Need to make a payment? Make an electronic payment.