“I need financial help for UST cleanup.”
Loan and Grant Program
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Financial Management has provided guidance on state Capital Budget Projects. Please read the recent memorandums to determine if there will be impacts to your project.
- March 30, 2020 – Suspension of Capital Budget Projects.
- April 7, 2020 – Clarification on Suspension on Agency Capital Projects.
- PLIA’s April 23, 2020 Memorandum for Loan & Grant Borrowers
- April 24, 2020 – Update on Construction Job Site Requirements for Capital Projects.
- Governor Inslee’s April 29, 2020 Memorandum on Phase I Construction.
The Loan and Grant Program was established by the Legislature in 2016. There are currently 74 sites in the program. Of these, 43 have completed a Preliminary Planning Assessment (PPA), 6 have started cleanup and construction, and 2 have received no further action letters. PLIA has provided $8,866,953 of financial assistance. There are 26 sites waiting to receive a financial offer and begin the cleanup construction phase.
Learn about low interest loan and/or grant options regarding underground storage tanks (UST):
- Upgrade your underground storage tank system.
- Clean up contamination.
- Install alternative fueling infrastructure.
PLIA has temporarily stopped accepting applications after March 2, 2020, so that we can better serve current program participants.
PLIA will schedule an intake meeting with applicants accepted into the program to discuss project goals.
PLIA will conduct a Preliminary Planning Assessment (PPA) at each accepted site to gather technical data and develop project cost estimates.
An applicant will receive a financial offer after completion of the PPA.
Upon accepting the offer, PLIA will provide technical oversight through the Petroleum Technical Assistance Program (PTAP).
Loan repayments begin thirty (30) days following the payment of the first invoice by PLIA.
To pay your loan invoice online by ACH payment from your checking or savings account use the make payment button below.
You will be asked for your loan number (LG-XXXX-XXXX) to ensure correct application of the payment